Villarreal is hesitant
I have mixed feelings about the performance in recent months of an otherwise always top team in La Liga like Villarreal.
On the one hand, they are very close to the 5th position - just a point.
But on the other hand, after, for example, a series of 3 consecutive victories, they make a mix of two losses and a convincing victory between them.
And the defeats are from teams involved in the struggle for survival.
Of course, we must not forget that Villarreal play on two fronts. And successfully in the Europa League.
This probably has its effect.
In any case, Villarreal have recorded only 4 wins in their last 14 games in La Liga.
Which is an extremely unconvincing achievement.
Barcelona is confident
At the same time, Barcelona continue their successful campaign. And not just in La Liga.
They took the King's Cup, triumphing against Athletic Bilbao.
And then on Thursday for the championship they defeated Getafe 5-2. And without much effort.
In fact, Barça lost only in the El Clásico match of the Primera this calendar year.
Forecast for Villarreal - Barcelona
Among other things, this match has very unpleasant historical statistics for Villarreal.
As hosts, they have not beaten Barcelona for many years.
Unai Emery himself obviously cannot find any opposition against the Catalans either.
Of which he constantly loses at the head of various clubs.
I expect a new victory for Barcelona.
But I will add at least 3 goals in the match. Which can be achieved with or even without the help of Villarreal.
Bigger bet on this forecast choice.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Villarreal have won 8 of their last 10 games: 8-0-2.
- Villarreal have won just 1 of their last 6 home games in La Liga: 1-2-3.
- Barcelona have lost just 1 of their last 12 games: 9-2-1.
- Barcelona is in a series of 25 games without a loss to Villarreal: 19-6-0.
- He has over 2.5 goals in 6 of Villarreal's last 7 games, as well as in 5 of Barcelona's 6.
- Gerard Moreno is Villarreal 's top scorer with 20 goals. Lionel Messi has 25 for Barcelona.
- Alfonso Pedraza has more yellow cards (8) than any other Villarreal player. Jordi Alba is 8 for Barcelona.
- victory for Barcelona
- security: 6/10
- exact result: 0-3