This Wednesday, March 17, 2021, Bayern Munich host Lazio de Rome in a match counting for the knockout stages of the 2020-2021 edition of the Champions League. The match will take place at the Allianz Arena in Munich (Germany) and kick off will be at 9:00 p.m. During the first leg, on February 23, Bayern won in Rome by a score of 4 to 1. Lewandowski, Musiala, Sané and Acerbi (csc) were the scorers of Bayern Munich, against a realization of Correa for the Lazio of Rome.
Bayern Munich loves records!
Bayern Munich can only be talked about with statistics.
They are currently in a series of 4 consecutive victories, in which they score at least 3 goals.
And separately in the Champions League they are in a series of 6 consecutive victories.
The titles and records they set are hard to list.
But I was personally impressed by the fact that for 2 calendar years they have not lost in international tournaments.
Lazio does not impress with its performances!
Lazio do not shine in this tournament or in Serie A.
In the group stage of the Champions League they proved to be an unconvincing guest with 3 draws.
In addition, they currently allow too many goals. A total of 11 in their last 4 games.
They enter this match after a 3-2 victory over Crotone. But before that they had 3 losses.
Forecast for Bayern - Lazio
For this match I tried to answer two questions. After the first match ended 4-1 for the Bavarians:
- Now, how motivated will Bayern be and will they come out with their B team?
- Aren't they completely desperate and canceled the match in the camp of Lazio?
Somehow I feel more confident in the positive answer to the second of the two questions.
Bayern Munich are still fans of records.
And whoever goes out on the field will try hard. Because the coach of the Bavarians is also associated with the future national team.
Victory for them then. But only at this ridiculous price is it just unnecessary.
Let's add goals then. But should they be many or few?
I do not hesitate for Bayern. At least, because Robert Lewandowski is chasing his records.
In Lazio, it is good that they allow a lot. But Ciro Imobile was overwhelmed by a drought.
In order not to strain too much, I will just surprise the book where it is not waiting for me. At least 2 goals for the First Half is a pretty good choice.
For their last 6 games, Bayern have 2 of them with 3 or more until halftime. And the other 4 have 2 goals before the break.
Lazio had 3 goals until the halftime in the match with Crotone and 2 goals in the one with Juventus.
Well, it's true, the forecast has become statistical.
But how can we be sure of the answers to the two questions I asked above, so that it is not just that?
However, a good ratio with a good risk / return ratio is obtained.
Our Prediction Bayern Munich Lazio Rome
Easy winner of Lazio in the first leg in Italy, Bayern Munich have already taken an option on qualifying for the quarter-finals of the Champions League. For this return match, the defending champion will want to line up a 19th undefeated match in C1 against a Lazio team who will want to look good. For our prognosis, we are counting on a success of Bayern Munich.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Bayern have won 11 of their last 13 games: 11-1-1.
- Bayern have not lost in their last 30 home games.
- Bayern are unbeaten in their last 18 Champions League games.
- Bayern have won their last 7 home games in the Champions League with 2+ goals .
- Lazio have not drawn in their last 14 games: 9-0-5.
- Lazio have lost their last 3 away games.
- Lazio have won just 1 of their last 6 Champions League matches.
- There are goals / goals in the last 7 matches of Lazio in the Champions League.
- Goal / Goal & Over 2.5 in the last 6 matches of Bayern, as well as in 4 of 5 away games of Lazio.
- In their respective championship, Bayern Munich went to win on Bremen against Werder in the German Bundesliga and Lazio de Rome won at home against Crotone in Italian Serie A.
- Joshua Kimmich and Ciro Immobile, respectively Bayern's top assists and Lazio's top scorer, will be the two players to watch in this meeting.
- Lazio Roma have not won any away games during their last 7 trips to the Champions League.
- You have to go back to November 30, 2019 to see a home defeat of Bayern Munich in all competitions.
- Bayern Munich are undefeated in their last 18 Champions League games (17 wins and 1 draw).
Last 5 Bayern Munich matches:
Lazio's last 5 matches:
Last direct meetings: