This Sunday, February 7, 2021, Atlético Madrid receives Real Madrid in a match counting for the 26th day of the Spanish La Liga championship. The match will take place at the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid and kick off at 4.15 p.m. In the standings, Atlético Madrid is leader with 58 points and Real Madrid is installed in 3rd place with 53 units. On the previous day, Atlético Madrid won against Villarreal and Real Madrid were hung up at home by Real Sociedad.
Atletico Madrid are stuck!
Atletico Madrid are leaders in the standings with a game less and 5 points ahead of Barcelona and Real.
They are the strongest host. As well as the team with the fewest goals in La Liga.
Athletes, however, have won only 2 of their last 6 matches.
Having made a mistake in their last 3 home games - 2-2 with Celta, 0-2 with Levante and 0-1 with Chelsea.
They enter this match after a victory over Villarreal. But according to the xG data, it was very undeserved.
Real Madrid has staffing problems!
For Real Madrid, the big problem before this match will be the many important absences.
Sergio Ramos and Eden Hazard are just some of them. Mariano is also injured. Karim Benzema is in question.
The Royal Club may be without a natural central striker at the moment.
Prediction for Atletico - Real Madrid
When we talk about a derby match, we should assume that what happened most often will probably happen now.
Historically, the advantage is in favor of Real Madrid.
More importantly, they benefit from the most recent 9 meetings in La Liga with 4 wins and 5 draws.
And the last 2 matches are again victories for the White Ballet and to zero.
Yes, but now with these huge personnel problems and without a completely strong central striker against the strongest defense in La Liga?
I think there is no chance for Zinedine Zidane's team to win.
However, a tie will not change the status quo. And most importantly, the chances for both teams will be preserved.
There is no way to get many goals in this match.
My choice is between 0-0 and 1-1. But somehow there are more prerequisites for zero equality.
This is the value, and Under 1.5 goals is the safe bet.
One option is for a smaller bet, and the other - for a larger one. A matter of preference.
- exact result: 1-1
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Atletico have lost just 1 of their last 13 La Liga games: 10-2-1.
- Atletico host La Liga this season: 9-2-1.
- Real Madrid is unbeaten in its last 6 games, winning 5.
- Real are unbeaten in their last 9 away games: 6-3-0.
- Real have not lost to Atletico in the last 9 games in La Liga, with 4 wins and 5 draws.
- He has under 2.5 goals in the last 4 games of Atletico, as well as in the last 5 of Real.
- Luis Suarez is Atletico 's top scorer with 16 goals. Karim Benzema has 12 for Real.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 152 times since 1959: 27 victories for Atlético Madrid, 47 draws and 78 successes for Real Madrid. In the first leg (13th day), Real won 2-0 on December 12, 2020.
- Real Madrid are undefeated in La Liga in the last 9 encounters against their neighbor from Madrid, Atlético.
- Atlético Madrid have the best defense in the championship with 16 goals conceded (including 7 conceded at home) since the start of the season.
- Luis Suarez, current top scorer for Atlético Madrid with 16 goals, will be one of the players to follow in this meeting.
- Atlético Madrid remains on a series of 3 unsuccessful home games, including the league and C1 (1 draw and 2 losses). For its part, Real Madrid have not lost away in the league since November 21, 2020.
Last 5 Atletico Madrid matches:
Last 5 Real Madrid matches:
|03/01/21||LL||Real Madrid||Sociedad||1: 1||Р|
|02/24/21||SHL||Atalanta||Real Madrid||0: 1||P|
|02/20/21||LL||Valladolid||Real Madrid||0: 1||P|
|02/14/21||LL||Real Madrid||Valencia||2: 0||P|
|02/09/21||LL||Real Madrid||Getafe||2: 0||P|
Last 5 direct meetings:
|12/12/20||LL||Real Madrid||Atletico||2: 0|
|02/01/20||LL||Real Madrid||Atletico||1: 0|
|12.01.20||SC||Real Madrid||Atletico||1: 0
|09/28/19||LL||Atletico||Real Madrid||0: 0|
|07/27/19||KSh||Real Madrid||Atletico||3: 7|