This Sunday February 28, 2021, Villarreal welcomes Atlético Madrid for a match of the 25th day of the Spanish La Liga championship. The match will take place at the Estadio de la Cerámica de Villarreal and kick off will be at 9:00 p.m. In the standings, Villarreal is 6th with 37 points and Atlético Madrid is installed in 1st place with 55 units. On the previous day, Villarreal went to a draw at Athletic Bilbao and Atlético Madrid lost at home to Levante.
Villarreal relies on protection!
Villarreal are having a good season and are in 6th place in La Liga. But their results seem a little strange to me.
On the one hand, they have only 3 losses so far. On the other hand, there are already 6 championship matches without a victory. But 5 of them are draws.
In general, they are called the Kings of Equality in La Liga.
And the reason they can't win their matches is the dissonance between a strong defense and an ineffective attack.
Villarreal are the lowest scoring of the top teams.
Probably will not have problems with space for LE in the next edition. But they no longer have any hopes for the Champions League.
Atletico Madrid are stuck!
Atletico Madrid is in a mini crisis with only 1 victory from its last 5 matches in all tournaments.
Carasco and Jimenez are absent for this match.
The last 5 matches between these two teams are 3 draws and 2 wins for Atletico Madrid.
As the first game of the season it was 0-0.
Forecast for Villarreal - Atletico
Undoubtedly, this match is much more important for Atletico Madrid, because Real are only 3 points behind them, albeit with a match more.
In my opinion, for Athletes, even the loss to Chelsea was not off schedule. For them, only the La Liga title is important.
At Villarreal, I think it's just the opposite. And the priority is the Europa League.
I choose a victory for the guests. But instead of an accurate score of 0-1, I prefer to insure simply with a triumph of zero.
A small bet for this forecast.
- victory for Atletico
- security: 6/10
- exact result: 0-2
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Villarreal have lost just 1 of their last 14 games: 7-6-1.
- Villarreal have lost just 1 of their last 17 home games: 10-6-1.
- As a host, Villarreal have not lost to Atletico in the last 5 matches between them, winning 3.
- Atletico have lost just 1 of their last 12 La Liga games: 9-2-1.
- Atletico are unbeaten in their last 6 visits to La Liga: 5-1-0.
- There are goals / goals in the last 6 home games of Villarreal, as well as in the last 4 away games of Atletico.
- Gerard Moreno is Villarreal 's top scorer with 14 goals. Luis Suarez has 16 for Atletico.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 39 times since 1998: 14 wins for Villarreal, 11 draws and 14 wins for Atlético Madrid. In the first leg (5th day), the two teams separated in a goalless draw on October 3, 2020.
- You have to go back to April 29, 2015 to see a victory for Atlético at Villarreal. Since that date, the Madrid club has remained on a series of 5 games in a row without success in as many trips.
- Gerard Moreno and Luis Suarez, top scorers for Villarreal and Atlético Madrid respectively, will be the two players to watch in this meeting.
- Villarreal haven't won any league game in their last 6 meetings.
- Atlético Madrid have taken 16 points out of 18 possible in their last 6 away games in the league.
Last 5 Villarreal matches:
|02/06/21||LL||Christmas tree||Villarreal||2: 2||Р|
Last 5 Atletico Madrid matches:
Last 5 direct meetings: