According to information from the Spanish edition "Cadena SER", confirmed by "SPORT", the founders of the Super League are ready to come up with a new format where the teams can enter through sports.
In this way, the tournament will not be "locked" only for the big ones and even the founders of the Super League will have to win their right to participate in it. It is not yet clear whether there will be one or two divisions. In case there are two, the teams will be divided into first and second divisions, depending on their sporting success.
Cadena SER has published an expired document containing 10 points, which the founders of the Super League intend to publish:
„1. The Super League is not an offer that will prevent the holding of local championships, nor will it force clubs to leave them.
2. The concept of "permanent participants" is abolished.
3. The Super League is an acknowledgment that a system does not work.
4. UEFA creates structural conflicts.
5. Close contact with club owners from non-member countries.
6. Lack of high quality matches.
7. Inadequate financial control.
8. Lack of transparency in the field of accounting.
9. The European Union has lost control of football.
10. Big clubs from smaller countries cannot compete for a trophy according to the current UEFA model. "
Leave a Comment