Southampton is not on its own
For the Saints, the whole season turned. The only explanation is probably the absolutely wrong planned preparation of the team.
They started the season with 7 wins from their first 12 matches. They were even in the Top 4 of the English Premier League.
But then began an incredible decline in their level. And this year they have only 10 points from 16 games played.
This is the weakest result in the Premier League for this period.
Great credit goes to their weak defense. As at the moment, in 5 consecutive championship matches they do not have a dry net.
Their weak defense combined with difficulties in attack led to the situation of being 9 points away from the first relegated team.
Leicester is in good shape
Leicester are 3rd. And with the remaining 5 games they are 7 points away from the 5th. Which gives them great chances for the Champions League.
But the problem is that their last 3 matches are still against serious rivals. Like Tottenham, Man City and Man United.
This makes today's meeting very important for them.
Fortunately, apart from an opponent who is obviously not in shape, the Foxes are in very good condition.
And they have 4 wins in their last 6 Premier League games.
The two losses in this period were from Manchester City and West Ham. That is, two of the teams in the best shape at the moment.
Forecast for Southampton - Leicester
It is important to note that Leicester are a very strong guest. Being able to counterattack perfectly.
The big problem, however, is how far they will be able to do so.
Because there is a real danger that the Saints will give them the initiative. And so to get quite a difficult visit.
Southampton are also among the teams that often score from static positions. Namely, this is a great weakness of the Foxes.
My choice then will be a combination of two components.
At least partial success for Leicester. That is, a victory in one half, which will not allow a final loss.
And yet a home hit. Which would lead to an exchange of goals.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Southampton have lost 7 of their last 10 games: 3-0-7.
- Southampton have lost 4 of their last 6 home games: 1-1-4.
- He has over 2.5 goals in 6 of his last 7 games for Southampton.
- Leicester have won 6 of their last 8 games: 6-0-2.
- Leicester have lost only 1 of their last 14 visits: 8-5-1.
- Leicester have won their last 3 visits to Southampton.
- He has scored in the last 4 away games against Leicester, as well as in 5 of Southampton's 6 home games.
- Danny Ings is Southampton 's top scorer with 10 goals. Jamie Vardy has 13 for Leicester.
- victory for Leicester
- security: 8/10
- exact result: 0-3