This Saturday February 27, 2021, Sevilla FC welcomes FC Barcelona for a match of the 25th day of the Spanish La Liga championship. The match will take place at Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán in Sevilla and kick off at 4.15 p.m. In the standings, Seville is 4th with 48 points and FC Barcelona is installed in 3rd place with 50 units. On the previous day, Sevilla won against Osasuna and FC Barcelona were hung at home by Cadiz.
Sevilla is in a perfect position!
Sevilla are undoubtedly having a very strong season in La Liga.
And since they are in the 4th position with a 7-point lead and a game less than the 5th, from now on it seems that they can only improve their ranking.
They last beat Osasuna 2-0.
The struggle continues on two other fronts. Although with varying degrees of success.
For the Europa League they recorded an unpleasant home loss with 2-3 from Borussia Dortmund.
But for the King's Cup they won in the first match 2-0 with today's opponent.
For this match, Sevilla will have problems in attack due to the continuing absences of Ocampos and Akunya.
Barcelona will defend 3rd place!
Barcelona are in a similar situation.
Good form in La Liga with 8 wins from his last 9 games. Success with 3-0 over Elche in the last of them.
Difficulties, however, in both cups. It seems that they put more emphasis on the Champions League, but they also lost at home with 1-4 from PSG.
After the match with Elche, Barcelona have no new absences.
Forecast for Sevilla - Barcelona
The last two matches between these teams ended in a draw.
And the victory for Sevilla in the cup match leads to a good odds in favor of Barcelona, which is not so common.
In my opinion, the loss of the Catalans for the cup was planned.
And now only 2 points behind Real Madrid and 5 from the leader Atletico, the Catalans will take the victory.
There is also xG data , according to which the home goal difference of Sevilla from their last 3 games is expected to be reduced from 4 to only 2 goals after this match.
And for Barcelona as a guest no negative trend is expected in their goal difference after this match.
Experts know that these statistics speak of an expected victory for the Catalans with 1 or more likely 2 goals difference.
I just played for their victory then and a medium-sized bet.
- exact result: 1-1
Our Sevilla - Barcelona Prediction
On Wednesday night, Barca secured their 13th unbeaten La Liga game after beating Elche in a late game on Matchday 1 of the Spanish league. This success allows the Blaugrana to be on the podium and return to 5 points behind Madrid leader Atlético. For its next match, FC Barcelona will have to expect a complicated trip to Andalusia against a Sevilla FC team which is in good shape in La Liga. For our prediction, we are betting on a draw.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Sevilla is in a series of 6 victories in La Liga, the last 5 are zero.
- Sevilla have won 7 of their last 8 households and recorded 6 clean sheets in them.
- Barcelona is already undefeated in 14 games in La Liga, winning 11.
- Barcelona is in a series of 6 victories as a guest in La Liga.
- Yousef En-Nesiri is Sevilla 's top scorer with 13 goals. Lionel Messi has 18 goals for Barcelona.
- Nemanja Goodelli has more yellow cards (6) than any other player from Sevilla. Jordi Alba is 7 for Barcelona.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 125 times since 1961: 27 wins for Sevilla FC, 30 draws and 68 wins for FC Barcelona. The last match between the two teams ended in a Sevillian victory (2-0) on February 10, 2021 in the semi-finals of the Copa del Rey.
- FC Barcelona have been undefeated in the last 10 encounters against Sevilla FC in La Liga since February 2016.
- Sevilla FC have taken 16 points out of 18 possible in their last 6 home games in La Liga.
- 6 matches, 6 victories: such is the record of FC Barcelona during its last 6 trips in the league.
- Youssef En-Nesyri and Lionel Messi, respective top scorers for Sevilla FC and FC Barcelona, will be the two players to follow in this meeting.
Last 5 Sevilla matches:
Last 5 Barcelona matches:
|02/24/21||LL||Barcelona||Christmas tree||3: 0||P|
Last 5 direct meetings: