This Wednesday February 17, 2021, Sevilla FC welcomes Borussia Dortmund for a match counting for the round of 16 first leg of the 2020-2021 edition of the Champions League. This match will take place at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan stadium in Seville (Spain) and kick off will be at 9:00 p.m. To qualify at this stage of the competition, Sevilla FC finished 2nd in Group E with 13 points and Dortmund finished leader in Group F with 13 units.
Sevilla is in great shape!
Sevilla are having an amazing season. And on all fronts. Judge for yourself.
In La Liga they are on the 4th position, ensuring participation in the Champions League. And 7 points from the 5th in the standings.
In the semifinals of the Copa del Rey they have a 2-0 lead in the first match against Barcelona.
They are in a series of 9 victories. And at home in Champions League matches they are in a long series without a loss.
Borussia Dortmund is in crisis!
This is not the case with Borussia Dortmund. As they continue to be the most unpredictable team in the Bundesliga.
But in my opinion, they are rather the team with the most pretentious divas, called footballers.
They did everything as embarrassing as possible to replace Lucien Favre from the coaching post.
But it was as if they liked the leadership position that the Tartars had appropriated for the team. And they started pouring water on Terzic as well.
With him, Dortmund scored 14 out of 30 possible points. They are already 6th in the standings, with 4 wins from their last 10 matches.
Forecast for Sevilla - Dortmund
Whatever analysis is done for this match, it is clear to me that the chance of success of Sevilla in it is guaranteed over 50%.
That is, well above the subsistence minimum for a value bet required by the coefficient offered for sign "1".
I will bet on the team that is in good shape. Unlike the obscure one.
For the team that has proven to be a strong host in Euro tournaments. And against the one who is proven to be a weak guest in them.
For the team that in the last direct matches recorded success in them.
For a team that not only has a strong defense. But he also plays very hard on the counter-attack and there will definitely be conditions for such.
Against the team that has already appointed the deputy of its current coach Edin Terzic.
I choose the value bet for this match with a little above average security
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Sevilla is in a series of 8 wins and 7 clean sheets .
- Sevilla have won their last 7 home matches (6 clean sheets).
- Dortmund have won just 1 of their last 7 games: 1-3-3.
- Dortmund have lost 4 of their last 6 away games: 2-0-4.
- There have been goals / goals in the last 8 matches of Dortmund, and 7 of them were with Over 2.5 goals .
- In the past, Spanish and German clubs have faced each other twice in 2010 during the group stage of the Europa League. Sevilla FC won the first leg and the two teams separated by a score of parity in the second leg.
- In their respective league, Sevilla FC won at home against Huesca in the Spanish Liga and Borussia Dortmund drew against Hoffenheim in the German Bundesliga.
- Borussia Dortmund have not drawn away away games in their last 12 Champions League trips.
- Sevilla FC have won only two games in their last 6 home games in C1.
- Erling Haaland, scorer of 6 goals since the start of the competition, will be one of the players to watch for Dortmund.