This Sunday, February 28, 2021, AS Roma host AC Milan in a match counting for the 24th day of the 2020-2021 season of the Italian Serie A championship. The match will be held at the Olympic Stadium in Rome and kick off will be at 8:45 p.m. In the standings, Roma are 3rd with 44 points and AC Milan is installed in 2nd place with 49 units. On the previous day, AS Roma went to a draw at Benevento and AC Milan lost at home to Inter Milan.
Roma has staffing problems!
For Roma, the goal is to win a place in Serie A, giving them the right to participate in the Champions League.
At the moment they are on the last one. But their 4th position is threatened by the pursuers close behind them.
They are a very strong host. And already in 16 championship matches at home they have not lost in 12 victories.
At the same time, they play very strongly and effectively in attack on their own field. It is rare that they have not scored at least 2 goals.
However, they have two very serious problems for this match. Both are staff.
First of all, these are about 7 injured players, most of whom are important defensive players.
These absences led to an unexpected draw with Benevento in their last match.
The second important staffing problem is a function of the first.
In short, Roma played against Braga practically without rotations and with all their best players.
Milan without the right to make a new mistake!
Milan fell into a hole. And they recorded 4 consecutive matches from all competitions without a victory.
If we ignore these two Red Star draws as somehow a little out of focus.
The defeat by Inter is undoubtedly very painful.
Unfortunately, the Rossoneri suffered a not well-deserved loss away to La Spezia.
In which underestimation was combined with a lack of luck.
Now Milan have complicated their own lives. And with a new defeat, they almost lose their chance for the title.
And they may even be overtaken by Juventus, who have less to play for.
In the last 8 meetings with Roma at "Olimpico" Milan achieved only one victory.
Forecast for Roma - Milan
My initial ideas for this match were two, although at first glance contradictory.
However, they were based on expectations for upcoming changes in the goal difference of the teams, both as host and as guest.
There is an option for Roma to win, and with a difference. And second for victory with only 1 goal difference for Milan.
Of course, to make predictions based only on football statistics is extremely unprofessional.
Personally, I take them into account mainly when I am hesitant in my choice. The news and the situation around the teams are much more important.
The two problems for Roma, which I shared with you above in the text, led me to choose the option with the minimum victory for Milan.
A small bet, however.
- exact result: 2-2
Our Prediction Rome Milan Ac
Thursday night, AS Roma and AC Milan qualified for the knockout stages of the Europa League. Qualifying was more complicated for AC Milan as the Rossoneri drew against Red Star Belgrade. With this result, the Lombard club has lined up a 4th game without a win in less than two weeks. AS Roma could therefore take advantage of the poor form of their future opponents to have a good result in this Serie A clash. For our prediction, we are betting on a success for AS Roma or a draw.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Roma have won 5 of their last 7 games: 5-1-1.
- Roma host Serie A this season: 9-3-0.
- There are over 2.5 goals in the last 6 households of Roma.
- Milan is in a series of 4 games without a win: 0-2-2.
- Milan as a guest in Serie A this season: 9-1-1.
- Milan have won just one of their last 8 visits to Roma: 1-3-4.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 160 times since 1946: 38 wins for AS Roma, 52 draws and 70 wins for AC Milan. In the first leg (Matchday 5), the Milanese and the Romans had separated in a draw of 3-3 on October 26, 2020.
- AS Roma have won once in the last 6 meetings against AC Milan since February 2018.
- AC Milan remain on 2 defeats in a row in Serie A, without having scored a goal.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, respectively AS Roma's top passer and AC Milan's top scorer, will be the two players to watch in this meeting.
- AS Roma are undefeated at home in their last 16 league games.
Roma's last 5 games:
Milan's last 5 matches:
Last 5 direct meetings: