This Sunday, February 14, 2021, Real Madrid host Valencia on the occasion of a match of the 23rd day of the Spanish La Liga championship. The meeting will take place at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano in Madrid and the kick-off will be at 4.15 p.m. In the provisional classification, Real Madrid are 2nd with 46 points and Valencia is installed in 12th place with 24 units. On the previous day, Real Madrid won in Huesca and Valencia went to a draw at Athletic Bilbao.
Real Madrid is in good shape!
Real Madrid have probably parted with their dreams of a new La Liga title.
Because not only are they 8 points behind the leader Atletico, but they also have one game more than them.
However, there is a danger that they will part with a place for the Champions League if they relax. As with the loss to Levante.
This loss actually interrupted a great series of 9 consecutive games without a loss in the league.
However, after her, the Whites mobilized. And they recorded two new consecutive successes.
Real Madrid have the 2nd strongest home defense in La Liga.
Valencia is stabilizing!
Valencia seems to be going through a slightly better period. Having only one loss in their last 6 games in La Liga.
The bats are making too many draws, already 9 so far.
And besides, in their last 9 championship visits to this stadium in Madrid they have 5 draws.
Prediction for Real Madrid - Valencia
My idea for this match is based on two points of reference.
First, I do not believe Valencia will make a double over Real Madrid after the 4-1 victory in the first match.
Secondly, with so many draws, I do not believe this trend will continue.
It turns out that the most acceptable choice is a victory for the Royal Club. And not just for the reasons given.
A more important factor is the thirst for revenge.
Keep in mind that in the first match 3 penalties were awarded for Valencia.
There will be no forgiveness now. And the victory for Real Madrid will be a difference.
I also guess that their improved defense will not allow a goal.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Real Madrid have won 3 of their last 4 games: 3-0-1.
- Real Madrid host La Liga this season: 7-0-3.
- Valencia has not won 14 away games against Real Madrid: 0-5-9.
- Karim Benzema is Real Madrid 's top scorer with 11 goals. Carlos Soller has 6 for Valencia.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 132 times since 1961: 72 wins for Real Madrid, 25 draws and 35 wins for Valencia. In the first leg (9th day), Valence won by a score of 4 to 1 on November 8, 2020.
- You have to go back to March 23, 2008 to see a success of Valencia in the Spanish capital. Since that date, the Valencians have remained on a series of 13 games without a win in as many trips.
- Valencia have not won away from their last 3 trips (Liga and national cup combined).
- Karim Benzema, Real Madrid's current top scorer with 11 goals, will be one of the players to watch in this meeting. The French striker is also the author of 5 assists.
- Real Madrid have not drawn in their last 17 home games in Spanish La Liga.
Our Real Madrid Prediction Valencia
On Tuesday night, Real Madrid performed well by beating Getafe in a late matchday 1 match. This success of Real allows the club of the Spanish capital to return to 5 points of its neighbor Atlético, current leader. For its next match, Real have the opportunity to string together another good result by receiving a team from Valencia which has not won away since January 17th. For our prediction, we are betting on a success of Real Madrid.