This Wednesday March 10, 2021, PSG receives FC Barcelona in a match counting for the knockout stages of the 2020-2021 edition of the Champions League. This meeting will take place at the Parc des Princes de Paris and the kick-off will be given at 9:00 p.m. During the first leg which took place at Camp Nou in Barcelona (Spain) on February 16, Paris Saint-Germain won in Catalonia with a score of 4 goals to 1. In this meeting, Lionel Messi was the Barcelona club's sole scorer. For their part, Kylian Mbappé (author of a hat-trick) and Moise Kean were the scorers of the Parisian team.
PSG is moving confidently towards its goals!
Paris Saint-Germain maintains fire on all fronts in which they participate.
They are only 2 points behind the leader in Ligue 1. They continue successfully for the French Cup.
And the starting positions in the Champions League tournament are just great.
PSG have an incredible home record in UEFA tournaments with only 3 losses in their history.
In their last 3 matches they have achieved victories at zero.
Barcelona has started to gain momentum!
Barcelona is going through a long crisis and is now on the rise. The situation around the club calmed down with the election of the new president.
With good games, the distance to Atletico Madrid in La Liga is now only 3 points.
And the team showed character, eliminating Sevilla for the King's Cup.
Of course, their starting position for this match could not be worse. Even a 3-0 victory will not be enough for them.
However, this has no bearing on our forecast. And it just gives us a chance to choose a good bet.
Forecast for PSG - Barcelona
Barcelona has nothing to lose. It is clear that they have to look for hits without delay.
Decisive for the development of this match will be who and at what time will score the first goal.
In their last 7 matches, including the first with PSG, the Catalans scored first. And Parisians in their last meetings allow first.
In my opinion, this is the most probable trend for this meeting as well. Which can logically lead to a victory for Barça at least until halftime.
Then you will definitely play on top of the risk of the guests.
They will leave a lot of free space and anything can happen. But the only sure thing is to have more hits.
This scenario seems most likely to me. And its odds are just great. And I will realize it with a bigger bet.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- PSG have won 8 of their last 9 games: 8-0-1.
- PSG have won 7 of their last 8 home games: 7-0-1.
- PSG is in a series of 3 clean nets .
- Barcelona have not lost in 5 games, winning the last 4.
- Barcelona have lost just 1 of their last 13 visits: 9-3-1.
- Barcelona is in a series of 5 clean sheets .
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 13 times since 1995: 5 wins for FC Barcelona, 4 draws and 4 wins for PSG. During all 13 confrontations, PSG scored 22 goals and FC Barcelona scored 24 goals. In 5 trips to the French capital, Barça won once (for 1 draw and 3 defeats).
- Since the start of the season, in C1, PSG have scored an average of 2.43 goals per game (for 7 games played), for a total of 17 goals. 29.4% of these goals were scored between the 60th and 75th minute of play. For their part, Barça also scored 2.43 goals on average per game (for 7 games played). 47% of those goals were scored between the 15th and 30th minutes and between the 75th and 90th minutes.
- In their respective league, PSG went to win in Brest in the Coupe de France with a score of 3 to 0 (meeting counting for the round of 16 of the competition) and FC Barcelona won on the Osasuna field. in La Liga with the score of 2 goals to 0 (match of the 26th day of the Spanish league).
- In the Champions League, PSG have won 6 of their last 7 home games (for 1 loss), for a total of 18 goals scored and 3 goals conceded. As for FC Barcelona, the Catalan club remains on a series of 7 away games without the slightest defeat and has conceded only three goals (for 14 goals scored).
- Kylian Mbappé and Lionel Messi will be the two main players to follow in this meeting. Since the start of the season, the French striker of PSG has scored 5 goals in the Champions League (for a ratio of 0.83 goals per game) and the Argentinian has scored 4 (for a ratio of 0.8 goals per game) for the Catalan team. The two players mentioned are also the authors of 3 and 2 assists.
Last 5 Paris Saint-Germain matches:
Last 5 Barcelona matches:
|02/24/21||LL||Barcelona||Christmas tree||3: 0||P|
Last 5 direct meetings: