This Wednesday, February 17, 2021, FC Porto welcomes Juventus de Turin for a match counting for the round of 16 first leg of the 2020-2021 edition of the Champions League. This match will take place at the Dragon Stadium in Porto (Portugal) and kick off will be at 9:00 p.m. (French time). To reach this stage of the competition, FC Porto finished in second place in group C and Juventus finished leader in group G.
Porto is stable in the Champions League!
Porto have probably parted with the hope of a title in Portugal because they are 10 points behind Sporting.
They are left with the Cup of the country, where they are in the semifinals. As well as their participation in the Champions League tournament.
There is a paradox regarding their performance on the home stage and in Euro tournaments.
First of all, they have conceded as many goals in the local championship as for the entire last season.
At the same time, they conceded 3 goals from Man City in the group stage of the Champions League and then played 5 games without conceding a goal in them.
Similarly, in the Portuguese championship they have only 2 wins from their last 6 matches.
And in their group for the Champions League they had only 1 loss and 1 draw, and the other matches were victories.
For this match Porto have problems on the left flank of their defense.
And they have also staffed practically a new central pair of defenders due to the lack of one starter.
Juventus relies on strong defense!
Juventus are a very identical team, but in a different league.
Like the multiple Portuguese champions, they seem to have parted with hopes of a Serie A title, 8 points behind.
Otherwise, just like Porto, they rely a lot on strong protection.
They enter this match in a low mood from the undeserved 0-1 loss to Napoli.
Forecast for Porto - Juventus
My idea for this match is the following. It is clear that its importance is great.
But both teams are somehow in the same situation in their home championships, and their performance in the Champions League is similar.
But most importantly, they will probably bet on a strong defense in the match.
This element of the game, although with different artists, obviously suits them well.
In a low-scoring match, of course, anything can happen. But it looks like it's most likely a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.
Now notice first that the forecast I am proposing to you, in the general sense, corresponds again to equality.
But it has a higher coefficient. And not only that.
This bet also provides a greater breadth of results and includes some options for winning one team.
We play like that then.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Porto have not lost in their last 7 games: 0-4-3.
- Porto have not lost in their last 13 home games: 10-3-0.
- Porto is in a series of 5 clean sheets in the Champions League.
- Juventus have won 6 of their last 8 games: 6-1-1.
- Juventus have lost just 2 of their last 15 visits: 9-4-2.
- In the past, the two clubs have met 5 times since 1984: no success for FC Porto, 1 draw and 4 wins for Juventus. The last match between the two teams ended with a victory for Juventus (1-0) on March 14, 2017 in C1.
- In 2 matches played at home, FC Porto have not scored any goals against Juventus Turin.
- In their respective league, FC Porto drew at home against Boavista in Portuguese La Liga and Juventus went down to Napoli in Italian Serie A.
- FC Porto have not conceded any goals in their last 5 Champions League games.
- Juventus have won 5 of their last 6 away matches in the Champions League.
Our Porto Juventus Prediction
With its defeat against Napoli in the league, did Juventus de Turin have the lead in their match against FC Porto? The Old Lady, who remains on two games without a win, will try to revive against a team of FC Porto which has not won for 4 games. For our prediction, we are betting on a success for Juventus.