Napoli splits with Gattuso?
This match decides the fate of Napoli coach Gennaro Gattuso. These are at least the statements of some Italian sports tabloids. As the presumed reason is clear.
Napoli did not live up to expectations for a second consecutive season. However, with one big difference. If in the previous they finished in 7th place, but won the Italian Cup. This cannot happen now.
Napoli dropped out of the cup tournament. And apparently this has overflowed the cup of patience. My personal opinion is that even Reno has already been replaced. And he will only be present in this match.
I can't vote a gram of trust for a team without an actual coach. The situation is necessarily well known to the players. And it's hard to think about football at a time like that.
Juventus is in good shape!
Juventus, on the other hand, have won 6 of their last 7 Serie A matches. And although they are 7 points behind the leader in the standings, they certainly show good form.
It is combined with a good state of mind after qualifying for the final of the Italian Cup. They improved a lot and usually their good defense. Which eluded them until recently.
Now, however, in their last 8 matches in all tournaments they have conceded only 1 goal.
Prediction for Napoli - Juventus
It doesn't matter that it's hard to play in Naples. And that the balance of direct matches is even slightly beneficial for Napoli. Only the psychological state of both teams is important. And in this aspect the advantage is definitely in favor of Juventus.
A victory for the Bianconeri is very likely. It remains to be seen whether it will make a difference.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Napoli have not lost in their last 5 home games, winning 4.
- Juventus have not lost in their last 7 games, winning 6.
- Juventus have won 6 of their last 7 away games: 6-0-1.
- Juventus have recorded 6 clean sheets in their last 7 games.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 140 times since 1946: 31 wins for Napoli, 44 draws and 65 wins for Juventus. The last match between the two teams ended in a Turin success (2-0) on January 20, 2021 during the Italian Super Cup.
- There has been no draw during the last 6 meetings between the two clubs in the Serie A league.
- Napoli remains on 3 consecutive games without a win (league and national cup combined).
- Juventus have lost once in their last 14 away matches in all competitions.
- Juventus Turin have the best away defense with 18 goals conceded since the start of the Serie A season.
Our Prediction Napoli Juventus
During the week, Napoli and Juventus have seen varying fortunes in the Italian Cup. Napoli were eliminated by Atalanta as the Old Lady advanced to the final of the competition at the expense of Inter. The Turinese, unbeaten since January 20, will try to line up an 8th game without defeat against a Neapolitan team which has not won since the beginning of February. For our prediction, we are betting on a victory for Juventus.
Leave a Comment