This Tuesday, March 16, 2021, Manchester City faces Borussia Monchengladbach in a match counting for the knockout stages of the 2020-2021 edition of the Champions League. This match will take place at the Puskas Arena in Budapest (Hungary) and kick off will be at 9:00 p.m. During the first leg, on February 24, Manchester City won 2-0 thanks to the achievements of Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus.
Will there be a surprise in the rematch?
This rematch will be played again in Budapest. But now the symbolic host is Manchester City.
I try to remember what most often happens in a rematch with an almost foretold end.
After a 2-0 victory as a guest of the favorite team.
What do you think?
Whether Borussia Mönchengladbach can create a big sensation. And whether Man City can help them
The answer is a surprising YES.
But the word "big" is only up to the "partial" level. Assuming a draw or a minimal victory for Gladbach are in this range.
I tell you, this is a really common development. And at the very first sign I had turned to him.
Yes but no. There is no way to make it simple.
Gladbach was unlikely to shock Man City!
First of all, this is not a 1/16 final of the Bulgarian Cup, for example.
Secondly, here at the head of one team is the insatiable and ambitious Pep Guardiola.
Third, this same one easily allows 5 or more rotations per match without affecting the team's results at all.
Manchester City are successful in all competitions in which they participate. And they are only 4 wins from the Premier League title.
The citizens have conceded only 1 goal in their last 7 matches of the Champions League.
At the same time, Borussia Mönchengladbach have only one goal scored in their last 3 matches.
In the first match between these two teams, Man City allowed only 0.51 xG for Gladbach, see xG data . Ie have neutralized them.
On top of all that, right now Borussia have huge internal club problems. And there is complete chaos among them.
Forecast for Man City - Gladbach
Playing cat and mouse in this match does not require a goal fiesta at all.
Someone's minimal victory or even zero draw would only surprise the Bookmaker.
Judging by the odds offered to us for such a choice.
Well, I played for him then. Without worrying about whether there will be an element of any surprise.
Our Prediction Manchester City Borussia Mönchengladbach
Winner by 2 goals to 0 in the first leg, Manchester City took a good option on qualifying for the quarter-finals of the Champions League. For this return match, which will still take place in Budapest, the Cityzens will have to maintain their precious lead against a Borussia Monchengladbach team which is not in great shape at the moment. For our prognosis, we are betting on a success of Manchester City.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Man City have won 23 of their last 24 games: 23-0-1.
- Man City is in a series of 6 clean sheets in the Champions League.
- Gladbach is in a series of 8 games without a win, losing 7 of them.
- In the past, Borussia Monchengladbach and Manchester City have faced each other 7 times since 1979: 4 wins for Manchester City, 2 draws and 1 victory for Borussia Monchengladbach.
- Manchester City's Cityzens have scored 13 goals in the last 5 encounters against Borussia Monchengladbach in the Champions League.
- In their respective league, Manchester City won on Fulham's lawn in the English Premier League and Borussia Monchengladbach lost on Augsburg in the German Bundesliga.
- Manchester City have not conceded a goal in their last 6 Champions League games.
- Kevin De Bruyne and Alassane Pléa, respectively Manchester City's top passer and Borussia Monchengladbach's top scorer, will be the two players to watch in this meeting.
Last 5 Manchester City games:
|03/13/21||PL||Fulham||Man City||0: 3||P|
|03/10/21||PL||Man City||Southampton||5: 2||P|
|03/07/21||PL||Man City||Man Yun||0: 2||З|
|03/02/2011||PL||Man City||Wolves||4: 1||P|
|02/27/21||PL||Man City||West Ham||2: 1||P|
Borussia Mönchengladbach's last 5 matches:
|02/24/21||SHL||Gladbach||Man City||0: 2||З|
Last 5 direct meetings:
|02/24/21||SHL||Gladbach||Man City||0: 2|
|11/23/16||SHL||Gladbach||Man City||1: 1|
|09/14/16||SHL||Man City||Gladbach||4: 0|
|12/08/15||SHL||Man City||Gladbach||4: 2|
|09/30/15||SHL||Gladbach||Man City||1: 2|