Titanic clash in France!
Undoubtedly the big derby of League 1.
Although PSG has 3 times the market value, these are the two most titled teams in France.
With 7 titles for Olympique Lyonnais and 9 for Paris Saint-Germain, respectively.
The most intriguing thing is that at the moment, as the 3rd and 2nd in the standings, divided only by goal difference, they are only 3 points behind the leader Lille.
Forecast for Lyon - PSG
The situation is of the "who loses, loses everything" type.
For this very reason, I believe that in such a situation, what we have seen most often will happen.
Namely, equality and cautious play. With the thought above all not to lose the match.
The draw is guaranteed to be part of Lyon's plans. Given that they are about to program and host Lille.
In fact, even in the 1-0 victory away to PSG in the first game of the season, they also used a conservative approach.
Needless to say, these are the 3rd and 1st most offensively effective teams in League 1.
But this fact is not essential in conditions where the main thing is not to lose, not to win.
Keep in mind the important detail that the coach of Olympique Lyonnais announced that there are no staffing problems for the match.
While in Paris the situation is far more unclear about the missing injured, punished and those with family, personal problems.
All this affects the morale of the players, as well as their confidence.
Lyon will not lose this match. But he will probably accept equality in it.
- victory for PSG
- security: 2/10
- exact result: 1-2
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Lyon have won 8 of their last 11 games: 8-2-1.
- Lyon have won 5 of their last 6 home games: 5-0-1.
- He has scored in 6 of his last 7 games for Lyon.
- PSG have won 9 of their last 12 games: 9-1-2.
- PSG is in a series of 6 consecutive victories as a guest at 15: 1.
- He has over 2.5 goals in 5 of Lyon's last 6 home games, as well as in 3 of PSG's 4 away games.
- Memphis Depay is Lyon 's top scorer with 14 goals. Killian Mbape has 18 for PSG.
Lyon's last 5 matches:
Last 5 Paris Saint-Germain matches:
Last 5 direct meetings:
Leave a Comment