This Wednesday March 10, 2021, Liverpool face Leipzig in a match counting for the knockout stages of the 2020-2021 edition of the Champions League. This match will take place at Puskas Arena in Budapest (Hungary) due to coronavirus restrictions and kick off will be at 9:00 p.m. During the first leg which took place in the same stadium on February 16, Liverpool won with the score of 2 goals to 0. In this meeting, the Egyptian Mohamed Salah and the Senegalese Sadio Mané were the two scorers of the Reds. The goals were scored in the 53rd and 58th minutes of play.
This rematch of the 1/8 finals of the Champions League will be played again in Budapest at the Puskas Arena.
The first match 3 weeks ago ended 2-0 in favor of Liverpool.
Liverpool is in a game and personnel crisis!
Liverpool, after achieving only 3 victories in their last 14 Premier League matches, logically ended up in 8th place there.
The crisis deepened with another 6th home loss.
This time from Fulham. At the same time, she was fully deserved in view of what was shown on the field.
The personnel crisis around the team continues.
He is especially bad on the defensive side in the absence of Van Dyke, Matip and Gomez. These are the three main central defenders.
The team captain, Henderson, will probably be absent as well.
RB Leipzig is on a remarkable rise!
RB Leipzig are only 2 points below Bayern Munich after 6 consecutive victories in the Bundesliga.
As in the last 3 of them were very effective. Scoring a minimum of 3 goals in each.
Probably their important football player Angelino will be absent again.
What happened in the first meeting?
Liverpool won the first match only because of heavy so-called. "Unprovoked" individual mistakes of players of RB Leipzig.
Jürgen Klopp himself was highly respected by the opponent.
And he had chosen a very conservative approach that left no gaps in the defense.
And the victory was just a lucky bonus.
Forecast for Liverpool - RB Leipzig
The watershed between the two teams is the radically different direction in the momentum vector.
In addition, the advantage in the personnel situation for RB Leipzig is very important.
Julian Nagelsman is now fully aware that the newcomer from Schalke - Kabak, feels uncomfortable in a pair with Fabinho.
But Jurgen Klopp has no choice.
RB will use long balls, which will constantly harass the newly formed and unbeaten defensive formation of Liverpool.
Something that Fulham did in their last game.
Merseyside fans are millions around the world.
And they maintain a great and unreasonably high odds for the team to win in a better moment.
It is funny even to think that RB Leipzig have only a 35% chance of winning.
I offer you a forecast of great value. And I'm in a hurry to take advantage of it. Large amount of bet.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Liverpool have lost 6 of their last 8 games: 2-0-6.
- Leipzig have won 8 of their last 9 games: 8-0-1.
- Goal / Goal-NO in the last 5 games of Liverpool, as well as in 7 of 9 of Leipzig.
- In their respective championship, Liverpool lost at home to Fulham by the score of 1 to 0 (meeting counting for the 27th day of the English Premier League) and RB Leipzig went to win on the lawn of Freiburg on the score of 3 goals to 0 (match of the 24th day of the German Bundesliga).
- In the Champions League, Liverpool have won twice in their last 5 home games (for 1 draw and 2 losses), for a total of 6 goals scored and 6 goals conceded. As for RB Leipzig, the German club have won 2 away games in their last 5 trips (for 1 draw and 2 losses) and scored 7 goals (for 11 conceded goals).
- Mohamed Salah, author of 4 goals since the start of the Champions League season, will be one of the players to follow in this meeting. The Egyptian striker is also the author of an assist. German coach Jurgen Klopp will have to compose his squad taking into account the absences of Joe Gomez, Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip and Jordan Henderson who are among the injured players in Liverpool. As for the Leipzig club, coach Julian Nagelsmann will have to take into account the uncertainties related to the presence or not of Konrad Laimer and Dominik Szoboszlai.
- Since their first confrontation in mid-February, clubs Liverpool and Leipzig have played 4 games each. The English team have won a match and lost three games (for 2 goals scored and 4 goals conceded) and the German team have aligned 4 wins in a row (for 11 goals scored and 2 goals conceded).
- Since the start of the season, in C1, Liverpool have scored an average of 1.71 goals per game (for 7 games played), for a total of 12 goals. 58.3% of those goals were scored between the 45th and 60th minute of play. For their part, Leipzig has scored an average of 1.57 goals per game (for 7 games played), for 11 goals in total. 27.3% of those goals were scored between the 15th and 30th minutes.
Liverpool's last 5 games:
Last 5 matches of RB Leipzig:
Last direct meetings: