This Sunday, February 7, 2021, Liverpool will host Manchester City for a match of the 23rd day of the 2020-2021 season of the English Premier League. The match will take place at Liverpool's Anfield Stadium and kick off at 5.30 p.m. PST. On the previous day, the Liverpool Reds lost at home to Brighton and the Cityzens of Manchester City won at Burnley. In the standings, Liverpool are 4th with 40 points and Manchester City are installed in 1st place with 47 units.
Our bet explained
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 102 times since 1962: 53 wins for Liverpool, 31 draws and 18 wins for Manchester City. In the first leg (8th day), the Cityzens and the Reds had separated in a draw of 1-1 on November 8, 2020.
- You have to go back to May 3, 2003 to see a victory for Cityzens at Anfield in the Premier League. Since that date, Manchester City have remained on an unsuccessful 17-game series at Liverpool.
- Manchester City has the best defense in the league with 13 goals conceded (including 6 conceded away) since the start of the season.
- Mohamed Salah, Liverpool's current top scorer with 15 goals, will be one of the players to watch in this meeting.
- The Liverpool Reds have taken just 2 out of a possible 12 points in their last 4 home games in the Premier League. As for the Cityzens, they are undefeated in their last 5 away games.
Our Prediction Liverpool Manchester City
In the middle of the week, Liverpool and Manchester City had mixed fortunes in the league. Indeed, the Reds suffered their 4th defeat of the season while the Cityzens kept their leader's chair by going to take the three points from Burnley. Who from the club coached by Jurgen Klopp or from Pep Guardiola's team will win this duel at the top? We will find out this Sunday. For our prediction, we are betting on a success of Manchester City.