This Saturday, February 20, 2021, Liverpool welcomes Everton for a match of the 25th day of the 2020-2021 season of the English Premier League championship. The match will take place at Liverpool's Anfield Stadium and kick off at 6.30 p.m. (French time). On the previous day, the Liverpool Reds lost to Leicester and the Everton Toffees were defeated by Fulham. In the standings, Liverpool are 6th with 40 points and Everton is installed in 7th place with 37 units.
For Liverpool, the island's season did not go as expected. Given their dominance from the last campaign.
Although the first alarms seemed to start at the end of it.
Then the explanations were the lack of motivation from the already secured title. But obviously it wasn't just that.
The Reds have won just 2 of their last 10 Premier League games. As they are in a series of 3 consecutive losses with a 2-8 goal difference.
They were eliminated from both the FA Cup and the League Cup. And the gap with Manchester City in the championship is great.
They are left with the fight for a place in the Champions League in the next edition. As well as the struggle in the present.
They made a good victory over Leipzig. But it was also the result of kind gifts from the German team.
Everton is a strong guest!
Everton, however, are also not in a good moment. With only 1 point won from his last 3 Premier League games.
They had a strong start to the season. With whom they were even leaders in the standings for a few weeks.
But then they made a long period of failure. Which continues to this day.
An interesting fact, however, is that the Caramels are one of the strongest visiting teams in the league.
In their last 7 visits, for example, they have not lost. And they won 17 points from them.
In this city derby Liverpool have a great advantage.
Statistics show that Everton have not won a single game in their last 24 Premier League clashes.
But in 5 of the last 7 they ended in a draw.
Prediction for Liverpool - Everton
Let's get along. Liverpool are in crisis. And it cannot be disguised by the victory over Leipzig.
The myth of their invincibility at Anfield has also been debunked.
Everton are a bit in a "when, if not now" situation.
Despite their poor results, let's repeat that the Caramels are a very strong guest with victories over Leicester and Man United, for example.
In terms of form from the last 10 matches, the Reds are 16th in the English Premier League.
Liverpool cannot be such a favorite right now.
And the chance of Everton taking advantage of it, despite tradition, is greater than the odds suggest they win.
Soon I probably won't have a deliberately good chance to bet on their success. And that's why I'm going to do it right now.
- exact result: 2-2
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Liverpool have lost 5 of their last 8 games: 3-0-5.
- Liverpool is without a win in 5 households, losing the last 3.
- Everton have been unbeaten in their last 7 away games, winning 5.
- Everton are without a win over Liverpool in 23 away games: 0-9-14.
- Goal / Goal & Over 2.5 goals in 5 of Liverpool's last 7 games, as well as in 4 of Everton's 5.
- Mohamed Sala is Liverpool 's top scorer with 17 goals. Dominic Calvert-Lewin has 13 for Everton.
- Fabinho has more yellow cards (5) than any other Liverpool player. Abdullaye Dukure is 6 for Everton.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 131 times since 1962: 57 Liverpool wins, 50 draws and 24 Everton wins. In the first leg (Matchday 5), the Toffees and Reds separated in a draw of 2-2 on October 17, 2020.
- You have to go back to October 17, 2010 to see a victory for Everton against Liverpool. Since that date, the Toffees remain on a series of 23 games without success against the Reds.
- Mohamed Salah and Dominic Calvert-Lewin, respective top scorers for Liverpool and Everton, will be the two players to watch in this meeting.
- The Liverpool Reds have taken just 2 points out of 15 possible in their last 5 home games in the Premier League.
- Everton are undefeated away from home in their last 7 trips to the league.
Last 5 matches: LIVERPOOL
Last 5 matches: EVERTON
Head-to-head matches: LIVERPOOL - EVERTON
Our Prediction Liverpool - Everton
On Tuesday night, Liverpool put an end to 3 consecutive defeats by defeating Leipzig in the Champions League. With this victory, the Reds will be able to focus on the derby against Everton who remains on 3 unsuccessful matches in the Premier League. For our prediction, we are betting on a victory for Liverpool.