Lil holds the top confidently!
There are only 6 matches left to play. And with a 3-point lead at the top, Lille are close to a new title in their club history.
The dogs have 10 wins from their last 14 games in Ligue 1. Among them are the triumphs over PSG and Monaco.
However, they are not very convincing in their households. Where they won only 9 of their 16 matches.
The difference in the strongest aspect of their game - defense - is especially obvious.
If in their last 12 championship matches they have made, for example, as many as 9 dry nets.
At home, they allow a goal in every second match.
Montpellier is not to be underestimated!
Montpellier, however, are also in good shape. And the successes they have achieved give them hope for Euro tournaments as well.
They continue successfully for the French Cup. And they are also a strong guest with only 3 losses away.
In their last 8 away games in all tournaments they have not allowed more than 1 goal per match.
Montpellier have the 5th strongest attack in the league. And lately, they often draw.
In the last 3 matches between these two teams at this stadium there have also been 2 draws.
Forecast for Lille - Montpellier
In theory, this should be a very difficult match for Lille.
And the odds of their victory have no value. And I should avoid it.
However, there are situations at the end of the season when I am ready to settle for even the crumbs.
Look. There is no world championship where teams love absolute dominants.
French Ligue 1 is no exception. And everyone hates PSG.
I think that even here Lil will be helped. And usually such victories are given with a low result.
I guess we will witness an "indirect fixing game".
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Lille have lost just 1 of their last 14 league games: 10-3-1.
- Lille have won just 1 of their last 5 home games: 1-2-2.
- Montpellier is in a series of 13 games without a loss: 7-6-0.
- Montpellier is in a series of 8 visits without a loss: 4-4-0.
- Montpellier have not won in their last 8 visits to Lille: 0-3-5.
- There are goals / goals in 6 of the last 7 matches of Montpellier.
- He has under 2.5 goals in 5 of Lille's last 6 games in Ligue 1, as well as in 4 of Montpellier's 5 league visits.
- victory for Lille
- security: 5/10
- exact result: 2-0