This Tuesday February 23, 2021, Lazio of Rome welcomes Bayern Munich on the occasion of a match counting for the round of 16 first leg of the 2020-2021 edition of the Champions League. This match will take place at the Olympic Stadium in Rome (Italy) and kick off will be at 9:00 p.m. During the group stage, Lazio finished 2nd in Group F with 10 points while Bayern moved to 1st place in Group A with 16 units.
Lazio is in great shape!
Lazio are a bit strange team in terms of their performance in the Champions League.
The very fact that for a period of over 20 years they are only now in the elimination phase for the first time speaks volumes.
Even this season, although they did not lose any of their 6 matches in the group, they finished 2nd after Dortmund.
From these matches, however, one should only conclude about their attitude to the tournament as a whole.
Which turns out to be a bit frivolous.
But for their form we have to look at Serie A. They are in 5th place there and have 7 wins from their last 8 games.
The fact is that they have a weaker attack than all other top teams.
Strakosha is still absent. And at the door will stand Reina against her former club.
Bayern Munich slipped!
For Bayern, since they are the current European club champions, it is clear that for them everything in this tournament is at a high level.
In fact, they are the most frequent winners of this cup after Real Madrid and Barcelona.
However, the red light came on because of only one point won in their last 2 Bundesliga matches.
The Bavarians may have a long bench, but personal problems are clearly difficult to overcome.
Douglas Costa, Gnabri, Newbel, Tolisso, Pavar and Mueller are out.
Forecast for Lazio - Bayern
Everyone considers the team with more international success to be the favorite in this match.
I like to consider as favorites teams that are in better shape at the moment. And who have fewer staffing problems.
In addition, with such a prediction - Lazio will not lose the match, I will fulfill some other important conditions.
I will follow the trend of the Roman Eagles not to lose to the German team at Olimpico. The last victim was Dortmund with a 3-1 loss.
I will also follow the trend of Lazio not to lose at their stadium, which started from the group stage of the Champions League.
And last but not least, I will take advantage of the wonderful odds for this to happen. I need a 50% chance.
It will be half the size of my bet then for this forecast.
Our Prediction Lazio Rome Bayern Munich
Did Bayern Munich have their head in their Champions League game after losing in the league in Frankfurt? Favorite to his own succession, Bayern will have to expect a complicated trip to Rome where Lazio has not lost any game since the start of the season in C1. For our prediction, we are betting on a draw.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Lazio have won 8 of their last 10 games: 8-0-2.
- Lazio is in a series of 7 home victories.
- Bayern have won 7 of their last 9 games: 7-1-1.
- Bayern is in a series of 17 games without a loss in the Champions League.
- History! It is the first time that Lazio and Bayern will meet in the Champions League.
- In their respective championships, Lazio won at home against Sampdoria in Italian Serie A and Bayern Munich lost on Eintracht Frankfurt in the German Bundesliga.
- You have to go back to September 27, 2017 to see a setback away from Bayern Munich in the Champions League. Since that date, Bayern have remained on a series of 16 unbeaten games in as many trips.
- Lazio have lost once in their last 9 Champions League home games.
- Ciro Immobile and Joshua Kimmich, Lazio's top scorer and Bayern's top passer, respectively, will be the two players to watch in this meeting.
Lazio's last 5 matches:
Last 5 Bayern Munich matches:
|02/08/21||UPC||Al Ahly||Bayern||0: 2||P|