This Tuesday, March 9, 2021, Juventus de Turin receives FC Porto in a match counting for the knockout stages of the 2020-2021 edition of the Champions League. This match will take place at the Allianz Stadium in Turin (Italy) and kick off will be at 9:00 p.m. During the first leg which took place at the Dragon Stadium in Porto (Portugal) on February 17, FC Porto won at home with a score of 2 to 1. In this meeting, Taremi and Marega were both scorers of the Portuguese club. For his part, Federico Chiesa was the sole scorer for the Turin team of Juventus.
The Champions League is Goal No. 1
Juventus against Porto.
A match between two former greats of European football and current losers in their home championships.
I say exes because they are still 4th and 15th in the UEFA rankings . But without significant success from the last euro tournaments.
At the same time, multiple champions of their countries. But at the moment with rather only hypothetical chances for a title.
It turns out that the Champions League is one of the most important tournaments of the season for both Juventus and Porto.
Porto leads with 2: 1 before the rematch!
3 weeks ago there was a surprising 2-1 victory for Porto. I say "surprising" from several points of view.
First of all, this is the Portuguese's first success in a total of 6 clashes with Juventus so far. In which the Italian team has 4 victories.
Second, Porto has a market value almost 3 times less than that of the Bianconeri.
Therefore, you can imagine the difference in the class of players.
Third, in view of what was shown on the field, the victory of the Portuguese in the first match was not very deserved.
As it was due to lack of concentration and individual mistakes of the opponent.
This is especially true for their first goal in the 1st minute.
For which the main credit goes to the midfielder Rodrigo Bentancourt, who is absent for today's match.
Overall, however, the game was dictated by the Juventus team.
Juventus is a very strong host!
The Old Lady is currently in a series of 9 wins from 11 games at home. Moreover, 6 of the last 7 successes have a clean slate.
Before this clash, they beat Lazio 3-1 in an impressive way.
At the same time, they kept some of their main players. Which will now be in good condition.
Dibala will probably be the other more important player than the absent Juventus players.
Forecast for Juventus - Porto
Porto demonstrates a paradox.
Traditionally strong in defense, this season they regularly show weaknesses in the championship and allow goals.
However, in the Champions League they played 5 matches without conceding a goal in the group stage.
I guess that the second match between these teams will develop according to the scenario of the first match.
More than 60% ownership for Juventus. And attempts to counter-attack Porto.
The significant difference, however, will be the lack of individual mistakes for the hosts.
I also assume that they will necessarily look for an early goal. That is, they will most likely score by halftime.
The strategy of the guests in case of a negative result will be changed after the break.
And their more active actions will allow for a new goal for Juventus.
That's enough for my prediction without caring about the real outcome of the meeting. Medium size bet.
Our Prediction Juventus Porto
Who from Juventus or FC Porto will qualify for the quarter-finals of the Champions League? Four years after their last double confrontation in the Champions League where Juventus emerged victorious, the two Italian and Portuguese clubs will do everything to be among the top 8 teams in the Champions League next spring. Defeated 2-1 in Portugal three weeks ago, the Old Lady will have to use her precious away goal and score at least one goal to have every chance of making it to the next round of the competition. . For this, coach Andrea Pirlo can count on his attackers who are Cristiano Ronaldo and Alvaro Morata. As on the first leg, the meeting promises to be interesting and for our prediction, we are betting on a victory for Juventus.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Juventus is in a series of 4 games without a loss: 3-1-0.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last 11 home games: 9-2-0.
- Juve have recorded 7 clean sheets in their last 8 home games.
- Juventus have scored 2+ goals in 10 of their last 11 home games .
- Porto have lost only 1 of their last 12 games: 6-5-1.
- Porto is in a series of 7 away games without a loss: 4-3-0.
- In the past, the two clubs have met 6 times since 1984: 4 wins for Juventus, 1 draw and 1 success for FC Porto. During its last 3 trips to Turin, FC Porto lost to the club Juventus on the scores of 2-1 (1984, Cup Cup), 3-1 (2001, Champions League) and 1-0 (2017, Champions League).
- Since the start of the season, in C1, Juventus has scored an average of 2.14 goals per game (for 7 games played), for a total of 15 goals. 40% of these goals were scored between the 45th and 75th minute of play. For their part, FC Porto scored 1.71 goals on average per game (for 7 games played and 12 goals in total). 41.7% of those goals were scored before the quarter-hour mark.
- In their respective championship, Juventus won at home against Lazio with the score of 3 goals to 1 (meeting counting for the 26th day of Italian Serie A) and FC Porto went to win on the lawn of Gil Vicente on the score of 2 to 0 (match of the 22nd day of the Portuguese Liga).
- In the Champions League, Juventus have won 8 of their last 10 home games (for 2 losses), for a total of 18 goals scored and 7 goals conceded. As for FC Porto, the Portuguese club have won 5 of their last 8 away games (for 3 losses) and conceded 10 goals (for 13 goals scored).
- Alvaro Morata and Sergio Oliveira will be the two main players to watch in this meeting. Since the start of the season, Spanish striker Juventus has scored 6 goals in the Champions League (for a ratio of 0.86 goals per game) and the Portuguese have scored 3 (for a ratio of 0.5 goals). per match) for the Portuguese team. Note that the Colombian Juan Cuadrado (Juventus) is the author of 5 assists.
Last 5 Juventus games:
Last 5 Porto matches:
Last 5 direct meetings:
Leave a Comment