Everton is a weak host!
Everton are in a bad streak of 4 games without a win in the Premier League. As the last 2 of them are draws with Crystal Palace and Brighton.
This brought them down to 8th place in the standings. And the chances of Euro tournaments have dropped significantly.
Everton are very weak hosts. As many as 7 of their 10 losses for the season are at home.
In their last 8 championship home games they have only 1 win and 5 losses.
Everton are a team that scores little and often concedes goals. Such a constellation simply does not bode well.
Tottenham has been stalling lately!
Tottenham are in an identical situation.
Even with them, the free fall in the standings is even more dramatic. If we take into account that for a long time they were even leaders.
Trends in both teams
A good statistical study has been done on the basis of xG data .
It shows well the peculiarities and trends of these two teams.
Everton, for example, have earned, like Tottenham, their points at the start of the season.
Because then they played attractively on the principle "you will score, but we will score more than you".
Tottenham had strong results in the same period.
But mainly because their attack and defense performed above expectations on the data for xGF and xGA ( expected goals for and against).
You understand that this cannot last long. And now the Spurs are on a downward trend.
Everton are also in one. But because Carlo Ancelotti just switched to defensive tactics.
And now his team creates fewer goal situations, but allows more.
Prediction for Everton - Tottenham
A match between two teams in bad shape. On which it depends whether they will have any chances for the Euro tournaments at all.
He who loses loses everything.
But this does not mean that the match will end with a draw.
If Everton, however, are defensively weak at home right now. And they have difficulty attacking.
For Tottenham, at least a momentary outburst of Harry Kane or Hyun-Min Son can make the difference in the match.
I bet on them then.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Everton have not won in their last 5 games: 0-2-3.
- Everton have won just 1 of their last 9 home games: 1-3-5.
- He has under 2.5 goals in 7 of Everton's last 8 games.
- Tottenham have lost 3 of their last 5 games: 1-1-3.
- Tottenham have won only 3 of their last 10 visits: 3-2-5.
- As a guest, Tottenham is in a series of 8 games without a loss to Everton: 3-5-0.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin is Everton 's top scorer with 14 goals. Harry Kane is 19 for Tottenham.
- Mason Holgate has more yellow cards (7) than any other Everton player. Pierre Heuberg is 6 for Tottenham.
- victory for Tottenham
- security: 3/10
- exact result: 0-3