This Saturday, March 20, 2021, Everton host Manchester City for a match counting for the quarter-finals of the English FA Cup. This meeting will take place at Goodison Park in Liverpool and the kick-off will be at 6.30 p.m. (French time). In the previous round, last February, the Toffees defeated Spurs Tottenham and Cityzens knocked out club Swansea.
Everton have staffing problems!
With the arrival of Carlo Ancelotti, Everton have obviously found the right man and are having a strong season.
Most importantly, they are at least close to the goal, which is Euro tournaments.
Being in 7th place in the Premier League with an equal number of points and a game less than 6th Liverpool.
The caramels, however, are somehow above expectations in terms of what they show on the field.
Because on xG they should be 7 places lower.
It turns out that the only reason for this discrepancy is their good performance outside.
Everton are the 4th most successful guest in the English Premier League. But by comparison, they are only 15th in the rankings as hosts.
And now they will have to host Man City for the FA Cup.
Everton have very serious staffing problems. Including the most important position for any team - the goalkeeper.
Pickford and his first deputy are not available. And so at the door will be only the third choice of their youth formation.
Another heavy loss is their most creative footballer Hames Rodriguez.
Manchester City does not depend on anyone!
For Man City, the goal is to win everything on the 4 fronts in which they compete.
And given the character of Pep Guardiola, we can have no doubt that she is.
There are several important things about this team.
First of all is the qualitatively new approach and defensively oriented tactics, which you can read about in the article here .
In second place is their incredible ability to cope with the permanent absence of Sergio Aguero.
That is, their player with the highest rating.
In addition, Manchester City make 5-6 rotations in each game without affecting their results at all.
Prediction for Everton - Man City
However, the thing that has been observed lately and that I will use in today's forecast is that:
Manchester City began to admit regularly.
In addition to Ruben Diaz's constant presence in defense, the other three rotate.
And yet it affects security.
The victory for the favorite in this match is so low and rightly so appreciated that it is of no interest.
But I assume that a goal for Everton is possible because of what I mentioned.
And in the absence of Hames Rodriguez, I turn to the assistance of the experienced Gulf Sigurdsson.
The 31-year-old Icelander already has 4 on his account.
Of course, such a bet is made with no more than 1% of the bank.
Our Prediction Everton Manchester City
On Tuesday night, Manchester City secured their ticket to the Champions League quarter-finals following their double success against Borussia Monchengladbach. The Cityzens will not have time to savor their qualification since they will have to focus on their FA Cup match against a team from Everton who have been doing quite well at the Mancunian club for a few years. For our prognosis, we are betting on a victory for Manchester City.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Everton have won just 1 of their last 7 home games: 1-2-4.
- Everton have lost their last 6 games against Man City.
- Man City have won 24 of their last 25 games: 24-0-1.
- Man City is in a series of 13 consecutive victories as a guest.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 105 times since 1957: 36 wins for Everton, 26 draws and 43 wins for Manchester City. The last match between the two teams ended in a victory for Manchester City 3 to 1 on February 17, 2021. It was during a meeting counting for the 16th day of the Premier League championship.
- 6 matches, 6 successes: this is the record of Manchester City during the last 6 confrontations against Everton since December 2018.
- Everton and Manchester City will meet for the third time in their history in the FA Cup after a double confrontation in 1981.
- Manchester City's Cityzens have been undefeated away from home for their last 16 trips in all competitions.
- Everton remain on 2 consecutive defeats in the Premier League.
Everton's last 5 games:
|03/04/21||PL||West Brom||Everton||0: 1||P|
Last 5 Manchester City games:
|03/16/21||SHL||Man City||Gladbach||2: 0||P|
|03/13/21||PL||Fulham||Man City||0: 3||P|
|03/10/21||PL||Man City||Southampton||5: 2||P|
|03/07/21||PL||Man City||Man United||0: 2||З|
|03/02/2011||PL||Man City||Wolves||4: 1||P|
Last 5 direct meetings:
|02/17/21||PL||Everton||Man City||1: 3|
|01/01/20||PL||Man City||Everton||2: 1|
|09/28/19||PL||Everton||Man City||1: 3|
|02/06/19||PL||Everton||Man City||0: 2|
|12/15/18||PL||Man City||Everton||3: 1|