This Tuesday, March 9, 2021, Borussia Dortmund receives Sevilla FC in a match counting for the knockout stages of the 2020-2021 edition of the Champions League. This match will take place at Signal-Iduna-Park in Dortmund (Germany) and kick off will be at 9:00 p.m. During the first leg which took place at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán stadium in Seville (Spain) on February 17, Dortmund won in Andalusia with a score of 3 to 2. In this meeting, Suso and Luuk de Jong were the two scorers of the Sevillian club. For their part, Mahmoud Dahoud and Erling Haaland (author of a double) were the scorers of the Borussia team.
Borussia Dortmund is a strong host!
In this match, the 12th from the UEFA ranking - Borussia Dortmund, meets the 10th Sevilla after a 3-2 victory in the first match.
The difference came from the form of Erling Holland. Who scored 2 goals against Bayern Munich at the weekend.
Will that be enough for the rematch?
Despite all their turmoil in the Bundesliga, the Black and Yellows are surprisingly strong at home in the Euro tournaments.
Having no losses in 7 of their last home games in the Champions League.
Sancho, Reina, Witsel, Akanji, Schmelzer and Guerrero are likely to be absent due to injuries.
Sevilla is a result in the Champions League!
Sevilla are currently in a mini-crisis after two losses in the league and relegation from Barcelona in the Copa del Rey.
In general, in the Champions League tournament they score and allow many goals. For the last 5 meetings they have scored 10 and admitted 11.
Vidal and Kunde are injured in the Spanish squad.
Forecast for Dortmund - Sevilla
All this, as well as the nature of the two teams, and of course the result of the first meeting, suggest one thing.
Namely, expectations for a high-scoring rematch between the teams of Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla.
However, this is also the public attitude. As the odds are well tuned to this possibility.
But to my surprise I find a very good odds for something very possible as an early goal for the guests.
They not only have the potential to do so. But there is simply nothing to wait for in this meeting.
Almost a big bet for Sevilla's goal in the first half is my choice for prediction.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Dortmund have won 4 of their last 5 games: 4-0-1.
- Dortmund have not lost in their last 6 home games: 3-3-0.
- Sevilla have lost 4 of their last 5 games: 1-0-4.
- Sevilla have won 4 of their last 6 away games: 4-0-2.
- He has over 2.5 goals in 10 of Dortmund's last 11 games. As in the last 5 matches of Sevilla in the Champions League.
- In the past, the German and Spanish clubs have faced each other 3 times since 2010: 1 victory for Borussia Dortmund, 1 draw and 1 success for Sevilla FC. During his only trip to Germany, Sevilla FC won 1-0 on September 30, 201O. Luca Cigarini scored the only goal of the game.
- Since the start of the season, in C1, Borussia Dortmund has scored an average of 2.14 goals per game (for 7 games played), for a total of 15 goals. 40% of these goals were scored between the 60th and 90th minute of play. For their part, Sevilla FC scored 1.57 goals on average per game (for 7 games played and 11 goals in total). 27.3% of those goals were scored between the 75th and 90th minutes.
- In their respective championship, Borussia Dortmund lost on Bayern Munich by the score of 4 to 2 (meeting counting for the 24th day of the German Bundesliga) and Sevilla FC were defeated away by Elche. on the score of 2 goals to 1 (match of the 26th day of the Spanish Liga).
- In the Champions League, Borussia Dortmund have won 7 of their last 11 home games (3 draws and 1 loss), for a total of 20 goals scored and 6 goals conceded. As for Sevilla FC, the Andalusian club remains on a series of 6 away games without the slightest defeat and conceded 4 goals (for 8 goals scored).
- Erling Haaland and Youssef En-Nesyri will be the two main players to follow in this meeting. Since the start of the season, the Norwegian striker Borussia Dortmund has scored 8 goals in the Champions League (for a ratio of 1.6 goals per game) and the Moroccan has scored 4 (for a ratio of 0.57 goals). per game) for the Sevillian team. Haaland is also the author of an assist.
Borussia Dortmund's last 5 games:
Last 5 Sevilla matches:
|03/06/21||LL||Christmas tree||Seville||2: 1||З|
Last direct meetings: