This Monday, March 8, 2021, Chelsea host Everton for a match counting for the 27th day of the English Premier League championship. The match will be held at Stamford Bridge in London and kick off will be at 19:00 (French time). On the previous day, Chelsea drew at home against Manchester United and Everton won against Southampton. In the standings, Chelsea are 4th with 47 points and Everton is installed in 5th place with 46 units.
Ancelotti will take revenge through Everton!
Thomas Tuchel vs. Carlo Ancelotti. 4th against 5th in the Premier League standings and separated by only 1 point.
This is the least that at first glance is at stake in this derby at the top.
But there is much more intrigue than the Personal Drama section. She is one of the greatest coaches in the world.
No one can challenge Ancelotti's title, provided it is:
- three-time winner of the Champions League,
- three-time winner of the World Super Cup,
- multiple champion and winner of national cups in various championships.
There is, however, a sad moment in his career.
When, after winning a Premier League double in his first season with Chelsea, he was sacked by Abramovich after the second.
And only because he finished second and failed to deliver the Champions League trophy to the trophy window.
What has Thomas Tuchel changed at Chelsea?
Coincidentally or not, the first match of the season between the two teams was won by Everton.
Of course, Chelsea were still with Frank Lampard at the time.
But what did Thomas Tuchel change with his arrival? Well, everyone already knows the answer. And that is, it stabilizes the defense a lot.
By adding the so-called "Active protection" through possession. Whose reception allows them to successfully maintain a minimal lead in the match.
Brick is famous as a tactician. He studies the style and system of the opponent well and builds his strategy on them.
Yes, but right here and now it will hit a rock.
Carlo Ancelotti is one of the few who changes his building so often.
That even the most skilled connoisseurs fail to guess what building he will choose for his next match.
It turns out I do not know how random, but undoubtedly an element of surprise. Which bothers the opposing coaches a lot.
Prediction for Chelsea - Everton
It is certain that Everton is a team that hates to master the initiative.
Caramels feel great against opponents like Chelsea, who have a lot of control over the ball.
Carlo Ancelotti can also count on the successful draws of Wolverhampton and Southampton against Tuhel's team.
Instead of a deep press, only a compact middle block is enough against the Londoners.
The relief comes from the fact that Chelsea with their 3-4-1-2 have no width of attack.
And anyone who satisfies the midfield with players well and concentratedly can easily resist them.
In my opinion, several things are most likely in this meeting:
- Everton not to lose.
- To have less than 2.5 goals.
- Everton not to concede a goal.
- Everton to win.
Of all these options, my assessment of risk / return is in favor of the third option.
- exact result: 1-1
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Chelsea is in a series of 11 games without a loss: 8-3-0.
- Chelsea have not lost in their last 6 home games: 4-2-0.
- Chelsea is in a series of 4 clean sheets as a host.
- Everton are in a series of 3 wins to zero .
- Everton have not lost in their last 9 away games: 7-2-0.
- Everton have not won as a guest of Chelsea for over 25 years.
- He has under 2.5 goals in Everton's last 3 games, as well as in 9 of Chelsea's 10.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 119 times since 1957: 47 wins for Chelsea, 40 draws and 32 wins for Everton. In the first leg (Matchday 12), the Toffees beat the Blues by a score of 1 to 0 on December 12, 2020.
- It has been almost 30 years since Everton won in London against Chelsea in all competitions.
- The Chelsea Blues have been unbeaten since the end of January in the Premier League.
- Everton have taken 23 of a possible 27 points in their last 9 away games in the league.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Everton's current top scorer with 13 goals since the start of the season, will be one of the players to watch in this meeting.
Chelsea's last 5 games:
|02/28/21||PL||Chelsea||Man Yun||0: 0||Р|
Everton's last 5 games:
|03/04/21||PL||West Brom||Everton||0: 1||P|
|02/17/21||PL||Everton||Man City||1: 3||З|
Last 5 direct meetings: