This Friday, February 19, 2021, Brest welcomes Lyon on the occasion of a match counting for the 26th day of the 2020-2021 season of the French Ligue 1 championship. The match will take place at the Francis Le Blé stadium in Brest and the coup of the meeting will be given at 9:00 p.m. In the standings, Brest is 12th with 31 points and Lyon is installed in 3rd place with 52 units. During the previous day, Brest went to a draw in Lille and Lyon lost at home to Montpellier.
Brest is weak in defense!
Brest are a team that is at the bottom third of the standings. They finished 14th last season. And now they are 12th.
They score points mainly in their households.
At home, they perform well on the offensive. They did not celebrate in only one of their households.
The problem, however, is their game in defense. And with 44 goals conceded, they are the 3rd weakest in the French championship.
They performed terribly in their last match against Lille. And while they didn't lose, they were just very lucky.
Lyon has a top attack!
Lyon aims high. And although they are third in the standings in League 1, they are unlikely to put up with it.
They have the strongest attack.
They enter this match after a surprising and undeserved loss at home with 1-2 from Montpellier. As shown by xG data .
In reality, they should not only have won this match. But also to do it with a difference.
Sometimes you not only play better than your opponent, but you outperform him in all respects. However, you lose.
This was exactly the case here.
Forecast for Brest - Lyon
I took the trouble to check something important.
I noticed that Lyon are a team that always reacts after a wrong step, be it a loss or a draw, in their next match.
By not just reacting, but making striking victories with a difference.
I will bet again on this trend in my forecast.
- victory for Lyon
- security: 7/10
- exact result: 0-3
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Brest have won just 1 of their last 7 games in League 1: 1-2-4.
- Brest have won 6 of their last 9 home games: 6-1-2.
- Lyon have won 5 of their last 6 games: 5-0-1.
- Lyon have won their last 10 away games: 7-3-0.
- There are 6 draws in the last 8 matches between the two teams.
- Frank Honora is Brest 's top scorer with 7 goals. Memphis Depay has 13 for Lyon.
- In the past, the two clubs have met 21 times since 1956: 5 wins for Brest, 6 draws and 10 wins for Lyon. In the first leg (15th day), the Lyonnais and the Brestois separated with a draw of 2-2 on December 16, 2020.
- You have to go back to September 23, 1989 to see a Lyon victory in Brest. Since that date, OL have remained in a series of 5 unsuccessful matches in Brittany.
- Stade Brestois has been undefeated for its last 4 matches (L1 and Coupe de France combined).
- Memphis Depay, Karl Toko Ekambi and Tino Kadewere (authors of 33 goals between them since the start of the season), will be the three players to watch for Lyon.
- OL have not lost away since September 27, 2020, 10 games without defeat in as many trips.
Last 5 matches: BREST
Last 5 matches: LYON
|09.02.21||CDF||Lyon||AC Ajaccio||5: 1||W|
Head-to-head matches: BREST - LYON