Athletic Bilbao goes on vacation
Athletic Bilbao have ended any ambitions for this season.
Two lost finals for the King's Cup could not but have had a disastrous effect.
In La Liga, on the other hand, relying only on home and strong defense, obviously also proved to be extremely insufficient.
In their last 10 championship matches they have suffered only one loss. But they recorded 7 draws in them.
The huge number of draws combined with strong defense and weak attack leads to the fact that in 5 of their last 7 games they have not scored a goal.
Atletico Madrid wants the title
For Atletico Madrid, I have long wondered if it is worth trusting them in this match.
After the last few months they obviously can't stand the pressure. And they recorded a series of poor results.
I am not at all sure whether their last two victories are any significant indicator.
True, they were convincing. But they were still above teams from the bottom of La Liga.
Nevertheless, Atletico Madrid continues to be the leader in the standings with a 3-point lead and 6 rounds left until the end.
Forecast for Bilbao - Atletico
Some important points are clear for this match.
1. The team with the guaranteed motivation in this match is that of the guests.
2. In the last 9 rounds Atletico Madrid have suffered only 1 loss, and Athletic Bilbao have only 1 victory.
3. For the same period Athletes with 14 goals demonstrated an effective attack, and Bilbao with only 7 are at the bottom of this indicator.
4. Both teams are very strong in defense for this period with only 4 and 7 goals.
5. It is also a very important point that Bilbao have conceded the fewest goal positions in front of their goal for this period in La Liga.
My conclusion is that in this match there should not be many goals due to the defensive orientation of both teams.
That's why I choose an option for no more than 3 goals.
I add to it a victory for Atletico Madrid.
As one of the last chances for them to keep their lead at the top of the standings.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Bilbao have not won their last 8 games: 0-5-3.
- Bilbao have won just 1 of their last 8 home matches: 1-5-2.
- Madrid have lost just 1 of their last 9 La Liga games: 5-3-1.
- Madrid is in a series of 4 away games without a win: 0-2-2.
- Madrid have lost just 1 of their last 8 visits to Bilbao: 5-2-1.
- He has under 2.5 goals in 6 of Bilbao's last 7 games, as well as in 7 of Madrid's 8.
- Alex Berenger is Bilbao 's top scorer with 7 goals. Luis Suarez has 19 goals for Madrid.
- Inigo Martinez has more yellow cards (8) than any other Bilbao player. Stefan Savic is 13 for Madrid.
- victory for Atletico Madrid
- security: 6/10
- exact result: 0-2