This Thursday, February 25, 2021, Arsenal will face Benfica Lisbon in a match counting for the round of 16 return of the 2020-2021 edition of the Europa League. This match will take place at the Georgios Karaiskakis stadium in Piraeus (Greece) and the kick-off will be at 18:55 (French time). During the first leg, the Lisbon and Londoners had separated in a draw of 1-1. Pizzi had opened the scoring for Benfica and Saka had equalized for the Gunners.
Europa League is important for Arsenal!
It is clear for Arsenal that they are having a very weak season.
In 11th place in the Premier League and 9 points out of 5th, it is very likely that they will miss Euro tournaments for their next edition.
Hence the great importance of the current Europa League for them.
However, they are not showing good results at the moment. They have recorded only 1 victory from their last 6 matches.
Probably only defender Rob Holding will be absent for this match.
Benfica is undefeated in 6 games!
Benfica is another former great, but a loser for this season in its championship.
Unlike his English rival, however, except for a quota for the Champions League from this tournament.
They still have a chance for a place in the Euro tournament. As well as from the Portuguese Cup.
In addition, Benfica are in a series of 6 games without a loss.
Captain Jardel and his defensive colleague Almeida remain absent.
Prediction for Arsenal - Benfica
The first match in Rome ended 1-1. But the hosts were Benfica.
Which means that now in Piraeus zero draw gives Arsenal an advantage.
For this reason, Benfica will be the team that has to risk more. And from here they are more likely to lose.
A win for Arsenal then with an exchange of goals is my choice for prediction.
Our Arsenal Benfica Prediction
Held in check by Arsenal in the first leg, Benfica Lisbon performed a bad operation by conceding a goal against the Gunners. For this return match scheduled in Greece, the Lisbon players will try everything against an Arsenal team which also gives its maximum to reach the round of 16 of the competition. For our prediction, we are betting on a draw.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Arsenal have won just 1 of their last 6 games: 1-2-3.
- Benfica have not lost in their last 6 games: 2-4-0.
- He has under 2.5 goals in 6 of Benfica's last 7 games, as well as in 3 of Arsenal's 4.
- Arsenal have not won any match during the 3 previous confrontations against Benfica (2 draws and 1 loss).
- In their respective league, Arsenal lost at home to Manchester City in the English Premier League and Benfica went to a draw at Farense in the Portuguese La Liga.
- Benfica Lisbon have been undefeated in the Europa League for their last 8 games.
- Arsenal's Gunners have won only one game in their last 5 meetings (for 1 draw and 3 losses).
Last 5 Arsenal games:
|02/21/21||PL||Arsenal||Man City||0: 1||З|
|02/06/21||PL||Aston Villa||Arsenal||1: 0||З|
Last 5 Benfica matches:
Last 5 direct meetings:
Leave a Comment