This Thursday, March 18, 2021, Arsenal host Olympiakos Piraeus in a match counting for the round of 16 first leg of the 2020-2021 edition of the Europa League. This meeting will take place at the Emirates Stadium in London (England) and kick off will be at 6:55 p.m. (French time). During the first leg, on March 11, Arsenal won in Greece by a score of 3 to 1. Odegaard, Gabriel Magalhaes and Elmeny were the three goalscorers of the Gunners, against an achievement of El-Arabi for the 'Olympiacos.
Arsenal is too fickle!
The Arsenal team is performing very well in the Europa League tournament.
And not just because of the victory in the first match in Piraeus. But also because of the 6 victories in the group stage.
However, in the conditions of competition from far better teams in the English Premier League, the situation is not like that at all.
Perseverance in their impermanence accompanies them constantly. And alternating loud victories with incredible mistakes.
As we have mentioned more than once, it is as if Arsenal is its own worst enemy.
Olympiacos is on fire for the Europa League!
Olympiacos lead the standings in their country with 16 points. And they have 8 wins from their last 10 matches there. Their title is guaranteed.
And in the Europa League tournament they can invest as much as possible and without any restrictions. They just have nothing to lose.
Prediction for Arsenal - Olympiacos
Now comes my seemingly surprising decision to prefer the Greek team in this match.
The Arsenal team is 10th in the Premier League, but 5 points behind the poorly formed Liverpool, which is in 6th position.
And with an upcoming match on Sunday against West Ham, who are 5th. As with a victory, they are again favorites for the Euro tournaments.
After a score of 3-1 in Piraeus, the Gunners can easily make the necessary rotations in the composition.
Some kind of minimal loss is no tragedy for Arsenal.
And keep in mind that Olympiacos have already won 2 times at this stadium. As the last case is from last year.
Now the Greeks lost to Arsenal in the first match.
But against their B team in the rematch it is very possible to perform much more successfully.
Olympiacos will not lose in this match.
Top facts and statistics for the match
- Arsenal have not lost in their last 5 games, winning 4.
- Arsenal have lost just 1 of their last 9 home games: 5-3-1.
- Olympiacos have lost just 2 of their last 13 visits: 8-3-2.
- Olympiacos have won their last 2 away games against Arsenal.
- There are goals / goals in the last 5 games of Arsenal, as well as in 9 out of 10 of Olympiacos.
- In the past, the two clubs have faced each other 11 times since 2009: 6 Arsenal wins, no draw and 5 Olympiakos wins.
- The Arsenal Gunners remain on 2 consecutive home defeats against Olympiakos since September 2015.
- In their respective championships, Arsenal won at home against Tottenham in the English Premier League and Olympiakos went to win on the ground of AE Larisa in the Greek Super League.
- Arsenal are undefeated in the Europa League in their last 4 home games. The Gunners scored 14 goals (for 4 conceded).
- Olympiakos remain on 2 consecutive away losses in the Europa League.
Last 5 Arsenal games:
Last 5 Olympiacos matches:
|03/14/21||SL||AEL Larissa||Olympiacos||1: 3||P|
Last 5 direct meetings: